The NewSplash Knowledge Base
(This professional pool care advice and information is provided courtesy of Splash's Pools)
GET YOUR POOL SANITATION RIGHT!
Sanitation is used to kill bacteria in pool water, and maintain healthy water to a quality that is considered safe for bathing. All pools require both adequate sanitation, and adequate filtration. Today's pool owners consumers have many options for sanitizing their pools.
Consider these questions when choosing a form of sanitation:
- The size of your pool. The bigger it is, the more sanitizing it will require, so your choice has to be scalable to suit.
- The conditions to which the pool will be exposed, for example: air-borne dirt, wind, bather load, surrounding gardens, and animals that may want to swim.
- Are their any bathers that suffer skin irritation or allergies?
- Your budget - and it's vital to consider not only the initial cost, but also the running costs and the repair and maintenance costs for you chosen sanitation device.
- Your time - remembering that some forms of sanitation require time and effort on a regular basis.
- Does the form of sanitation you choose conform to published health standards? This is not always clear.
- Has your choice of sanitation been tried, tested, and certified, as a sanitizer? Or is it just simply a water purifier?
Read on to discover more about swim pool sanitation.
Splash's Pools Provides Expert Water Testing Services
Remember, Splash's Pools has the experience and know-how to make your pool a dream pool!